Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ro2 Art: Dallas Observer's 2011 Best Gallery

Congratulations to Jordan Roth and his mom and business partner Susan Roth Romans for their gallery 


And thanks to them both for giving me an opportunity to intern with them in the gallery!!

Jordan Roth on the far right listening to the artist talk for Import on September 1.  Artists facing us are left to right

After 33 years of continuous banking experience, I found myself unemployed at the end of 2010.  I continue to search for a new banking position to continue my career, or any other full time employment at this point. Times are hard. 
So I started this blog to see what types of opportunities this type of exposure may afford me.  I went to Ro2 Art on August 15th to capture pics of the exhibition to use on this blog.  (See my post Import below)  While speaking to Jordan on that day, I discovered he was in need of a new intern as most of his summer help had all returned to school for the fall semester.  I applied the next day and have been happily interning since the middle of August, gaining valuable retail experience and adding skills to my resume.
It has been like icing on the cake for Ro2 Art to be named Dallas Observer's Best Gallery for 2011!!!

I'm usually in the gallery on Monday, Thursday and Friday.  Stop by and say 'hi' and check out the fine program of artworks that Ro2 Art is presenting to the Dallas scene.  Here are a few pics of the art by the three artists mentioned in the article: Kathy Robinson-Hays, Terry Hays, and Val Curry:
 Val Curry Mudra Machine 1 - 4


No comments:

Post a Comment